Tuesday, January 13, 2009

More fun, Less sleep

I wonder if I'll fall to the floor asleep in mid-sentence, or maybe when I'm crossing the street. I really have to get a normal amount of sleep some night. I'm not trying to say that my life is one big carnaval of thrills a minute. I just can't sleep at night and then I wake up early. Yes, there was the night the devil dog next door kept me up all night...or last night when Renato brought all the members of his samba pagode group back to his house and they were up until dawn and then one of them decided that 8am is a great time to play the drum set a little bit. Ya gotta forgive them though...they'd opened for Arlindo Cruz at a great theater with great sound in Rio (Teatro Rival), and they're all 18 or younger. I don't know...hopefully I'll be near something soft, preferably a bed, when body takes over and decides I need to sleep.
I went to said show last night and was very happy to be able to sing along to many of the songs...thanks Jorge, brazil camp and the samba pagode gang at Skavones! I was especially happy that I knew 'nao deixa a samba morrer' . What a blast to sing it with a lot of brazilians!
I'll write more later. I have to lie in bed and not sleep for quite a while. Good Night!

No comments: