Monday, January 19, 2009

singin' in the rain

I know that many other americans think the way I do about the sound of english....almost every other language sounds sexier or at least more exotic than ours. After being here for a little over a week, I stopped kind of shuddering when I'd catch myself saying something in portuguese with an american accent (or maybe just shuddered internally), but I still didn't like it at all. I don't like being ashamed of what I am, but next to portuguese, english is pretty flat and close mouthed (?). Well, I now I need not be ashamed! When we were leaving sapucai and it was still raining hard on us, Bruno started 'Singing in the Rain', Michelle joined in and Mafalda tried to. I continued singing the parts they didn't know and they were all smiles. Bruno said that it was so cool to hear that song in an american accent, because it just isn't the same otherwise. Well! I guess it's all how you look at it.

No comments: