Saturday, February 28, 2009

Grupo Revelação

Yes, my lovelies, I did get to see them...sort of. I was indeed at the same place they were, but there were so many other people in between us, I can actually see them much better on my video of them! Kinda like being at a blazer game. I wasn't at the back or anything, but I wasn't in front where I usually like to be and was cramped and couldn't dance that much, but just the thought of being there was thrilling. I've liked them for a long time and was really hoping that they wouldn't do a lot of their 'romantico' songs, and thank goodness, they didn't! They did a lot of pagode de raiz and songs of theirs that I love. AND it only cost $5 reais...I'm not kidding. Around carnaval time, the Terreirão do Samba (located just next door to Sapucai) has these great samba shows for almost nothing. What a great city Rio is! Oh, another thing. Since there was no way I could find Tara Bianca and Claudinho in that crowd, I was solo. Some brazilians at a table near me adopted me, invited me to share their food and chairs....what great people Cariocas are!

No comments: